Whether it's for family photographs or a new headshot, here are some cool favorite places of mine to photograph in and around NYC.
1, Brooklyn Bridge on The Brooklyn Side in Dumbo. Use the waterfront as a stunning backdrop. Check out the Carousel area and the amazing cobblestone streets. If you want you can also walk across the bridge and get a great shot in the middle but go early to avoid crowds.
2. Central Park at the 59th street entrance across from the Plaza you can quickly get to the pond and Gapstow Bridge for some great shots.
3. Hudson Yards - climb the Vessel or make an appointment at The Edge for 360 views of NYC
4. Top Of The Rock. Speaking of views, you can also check out the top of the rock observation deck at 30 Rockefeller Plaza to view the city 70 floors up.
5. The High Line offers some really great options with a nice elevated view. The kids can explore some greenery while you shoot some candids.
6. The Mews by Washington square park offers a lot of different backgrounds on a block with no traffic!
7. Cobblestone Streets in Tribeca!
8. Things to consider when planning:
What’s cool that’s close to where you live? Is it easily accessible?
What time of day Is ideal for your kids. When possible, avoid nap times and meal times so kids are in a good mood.
Consider if you want an urban feel or something in nature.
#NYC, #karenhaberbergphotography #nycportraitphotographer #portraits #commercialphotographer #storytellingwithimages #awardwinningphotographer #karenhaberberg.com #editorialportraits #visualstorytelling #photographsofpeople